- For the last few months we have been working on a way to more clearly express the mission of the Congar Institute. We are happy to present you here with our mission statement in a more clear version of the same purpose:
To partner with dioceses in the formation of lay pastoral leaders.
The Congar Institute for Ministry Development is an initiative of the Southern Dominican Province. Committed to the Catholic tradition and drawing from the charisms of its collaborating religious organizations, the Institute fosters pastoral formation in this time of ministerial transformation, especially in dioceses with limited resources.
- We rejoice with our very own Lizett Farias, MAPM, on the receipt of her degree of Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry from Oblate School of Theology. The excellence she displayed in her academic studies along with her pastoral ministry experience will continue to enrich the work we do at the Congar Institute. Congratulations Lizett!
- Our benefactors never cease to amaze us! On May 6 we participated for the first time in the online fundraising event “The Big Give SA.” Our donors responded to the call to financially support the mission of the Congar Institute and they were able to raise $2,280.00! Our more sincere thanks to all of those who participated!
- The Lenten Appeal 2014, another fundraising event with great success! A sincere note of gratitude to the donors who responded to the Lenten Appeal 2014. Your donations added up to $2,515.00 and will make a real impact in our operational expenses as we advance or mission to partner with dioceses to promote the formation of lay pastoral leaders. Again we are deeply grateful!
- The Board of Directors of the Congar Institute met in April for the semiannual meeting. With deep gratitude the members said farewell to two members, Sr. Cheryl Clemons, OSU, and Sr. Liz Wendeln, SCN, whose term was due. At the same time, the Board welcomed two new members, Mrs. Jennie Block, OP, and Mrs. Susan Northway. Thanks to all the past and present Board members for their commitment!
- The Congar Institute’s Board Chair, Fr. Jorge Presmanes, O.P., Dmin, recently wrote an article that was published in the USCCB’s webpage under “Parish Resource.” Click here to read it
- We ask you to please keep the friars of the Southern Dominican Province in your prayers as they meet for their Provincial Chapter Meeting.