The Leadership Roundtable 2017 Annual Leadership Convening
2017 Annual Leadership Convening
Fr. Wayne Cavalier OP attended the Annual Leadership Convening Sponsored by The Leadership Roundtable.
The topic of the event was: Engaging, Equipping, and Energizing Catholic Leaders for the Joy of the Gospel. Great sharing that affirms the mission of the Congar Institute!
At the meeting participants were able to discuss how the development of Catholic leaders as missionary disciples most often involves:
1. Commitment to action and contemplation centered on Jesus and the Gospel.
2. Building bridges between laity, clergy and religious through shared formation, mentoring and leadership.
3. Partnering with the full reality of our multicultural, multilingual Church and society.
4. Preferential option for people on the margins.
5. Commitment to engage women, youth and young adults in meaningful leadership.
6. Engaging people where they are rather than condemning them.
7. Accepting risk and inviting the imperfect disciple to serve.
8. Practicing accompaniment by “partnering with” rather than “doing for”.
9. Making space and providing resources for people to create the Church to which they want to belong.
10. Going outside of one’s comfort zone, especially through short- and long-term mission experiences.
Here is the full statement on Forming Catholic Leaders as Missionary Disciples that is the result of the 2017 Annual Leadership Roundtable Leadership Convening.
To view more pictures from the event click here.